This year Chicago is offering something new at the Taste. Fifteen restaurants will showcase their food for one day only. Being called Pop-Up Restaurants they give fair goers something different to look forward to every day. This also gives restaurants a chance to participate without the large cost and time commitment of manning their booth for the whole festival.
Below is the Pop-Up Restaurant schedule:
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
2100 W. Belmont
• Two Chicken with Mole Empanadas
• Two Veggie Empanadas
• Two Chorizo with Frijoles Empanadas
5203 N. Clark St.
• Daeji Kalbi
• Chap Chae
4127-4129 W. Lawrence Ave.
• Ravioli Sampler
• Italian Beef Sandwich
• Mini Antipasto Salad
Thursday, July 12, 2012
4715 N. Sheridan Rd.
• Beet and Endive Salad with Almonds and Creamy Raspberry Vinaigrette
• Caramelized Citrus Onion Flatbread Topped with Crumbled Goat Cheese
• Black Bean Burger, Wheat Bun, Mixed Greens, Sliced Tomato and Mayo
700 E. Grand Ave. (Navy Pier)
• Lump Crab Cake w/ Radish Slaw
• Grilled Shrimp Skewer w/ Piquillo Vinaigrette
• Seafood Gumbo
3258 W. Foster Ave.
• Arctic Shrimp Stuffed Skagen Baked Potato
• Swedish Meatballs
• Swedish Pancake with Lingon Berries & Whipped Cream
Friday, July 13, 2012
557 E. 75th Street
• Boneless Chicken Roti
• Jerk Salmon Roti
• Bake and Cod
4539 N. Lincoln Ave.
• Watermelon Gazpacho
• Braised Pork Slider w/ Pickled Vegetables
• Chicken Sausage
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Arun’s Thai Restaurant
4156 N. Kedzie Ave.
• Mussaman Beef with Rice
• Tossed Wonton Salad
• Mango/Sticky Rice
2523 N. Clark St.
• Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich
• Altwiener Applestrudel
• Triple Chocolate Cake
Garifuna Flava Caribbean Restaurant
2516-18 W. 63rd St.
• Jerk Chicken w/ Rice & Beans, Plantain & Salad
• Jerk Wings w/ Rice & Beans, Ripe Plantain & Salad
The Nile Restaurant
1611 E. 55th St.
• Chicken Shish Taouk Sandwich; Kifta Kabob Sandwich; Falafel Sandwich
Sunday, July 15, 2012
2034 W. Division St.
• 2 Scoops of Gelato (Bacio, Stracciatella)
• 2 Scoops of Gelato (Bacio, Guava)
• 2 Scoops of Gelato (Stracciatella, Limone)
Karyn’s On Green
130 S. Green St.
• Vegetarian Chicken Leg w/ Cornbread Stuffing & Collard Greens
• Vegetarian BBQ Seitan Slider w/ Fries
• Chopped Vegetable Salad w/ Herb Vinaigrette Dressing
131 N. Clinton St.
• Lemon Square
For the full list of restaurants participating go to the Taste of Chicago website.