In celebration of Universal Studios 100th anniversary, Universal Studios Home Entertainment today announced the debut of the digitally remastered 30th anniversary edition of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. Academy Award-winning director Steven Spielberg’s magical adventure, celebrates its 30th Anniversary with its first-ever release on Blu-ray this October.
Featuring a digitally remastered picture that delivers six times the resolution of DVD, as well as all-new 7.1 surround sound, the E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack includes the 1982 theatrical movie, an all-new interview with director Steven Spielberg, and “The E.T. Journals” which features an hour of never-before-seen footage from the set of the film.
Bonus features on the E.T. Anniversary Edition include:
- The E.T. Journals: In this all-new bonus feature, retrace the day-to-day experience of creating E.T from never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage shot by Academy Award-winning cinematographer John Toll.
- Steven Spielberg & E.T.: An all-new interview with Steven Spielberg, as he reflects back on the film and discusses his experience working with the actors, as well as his overall and current perspective on E.T.
- Deleted Scenes: Two scenes from 2002 version of the film.
- A Look Back: A special insider’s look into the making of E.T. featuring interviews with Steven Spielberg, the cast, and others intimately involved with the film.
- The E.T. Reunion: The cast and filmmaker reunite to discuss their thoughts on the impact of the film.
- The Evolution and Creation of E.T.: From idea to screenplay, through casting and making the film.
- UltraViolet: The new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the United States only.
- Digital Copy: The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a digital copy of the film compatible with iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod touch, Android or online retail partners.
- pocket BLU App: The free pocket BLU app for smartphones with newly updated versions for iPad, Android tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
- BD-LIVE: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more.
In 1982, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial became the biggest blockbuster of the year, ranking number one over 16 different weekends. Even today, E.T. remains the fourth most successful movie of all-time in the United States. Nominated for nine Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Writing and Best Screenplay, the film took home four statuettes for Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Effects Editing, Best Sound and Best Music for John Williams’ (Jaws) memorable score. The cast includes Henry Thomas, Drew Barrymore, Dee Wallace and Peter Coyote. Click HERE for more information.
Want to stay in the know? Click Subscribe to get the latest info delivered right to your email! Follow Y.P. Mazzulo on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Google +! Email Yvonne P. Mazzulo @ email@example.com. *References to products and services do not imply any endorsement.
*Free human trafficking victim, Sara Kruzan! www.freesarakruzan.org.*
©2012 Yvonne P. Mazzulo, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author.