It seems like just a week ago you were looking for ideas to keep your kids busy this summer, now July is right around the corner and it’s time to plan your 4th of July fun!
BBQs with family and friends, followed by the joyous moment Uncle “Whatshisface” begins lighting fireworks, used to be the obvious choice…but now most cities have prohibited the use of personal fireworks. If you weren’t aware, fireworks (the ones that blast off into the sky or explode) have actually been banned in the state of Florida.
If it’s just the majestic view you’re looking for, there’s no need to panic or risk losing a finger! There are quite a few Independence Day celebrations, with live entertainment, activities for kids, vendors and a light show to follow all over the Treasure Coast. Here is a list of places to go this July 4th.
If you’re in St Lucie County:
- The Port St Lucie Civic Center never disappoints when it comes to their “Freedomfest” celebrations. Expect a packed house at this all day event. The fun starts at 2PM and ends at 9PM with a fireworks display. There will be a kid zone, food and drinks, live entertainment, vendors and more. Free admission and parking. 9221 SE Civic Center Place, Port St Lucie
- This event isn’t free, but for $8 per person, you can watch the St Lucie Mets vs Jupiter Hammerheads game, then enjoy live music and fireworks afterwards. Gates open at 4:30PM, but the game starts at 6:30PM. Digital Domain Park: 525 NW Peacock Blvd., Port St Lucie
- See the Stars Over St Lucie at the Fort Pierce Marina. Live music by Category 5 and the Storm Horns. The festivities begin at 5:30PM and end at 9:30PM. 1 Avenue A, Fort Pierce
If you’re in Martin County:
- The only place to be is Flagler Park! This free event includes entertainment, food, alcohol, face painting, bounce houses, pony rides and more! View military vehicles on display, from the Road To Victory Military Museum. Then enjoy the fireworks display over the St Lucie River! 201 SW Flagler Avenue, Stuart
If you’re in Indian River County:
- The 42nd Annual 4th of July Parade and Freedom Festival will take place at Riverview Park, starting 8AM. Preceding this event is the Substance Awareness Council’s July 4th ‘Beverly Norris’ 5k Run/Walk at 7AM. The 4th of July festivities are free, but if you would like to participate in the Run/Walk, the cost is $20 in advance, $25 the day of this event. Begin and end at Riverview Park. The 4th of July Parade will begin at the Sebastian Masonic Lodge and end at Riverview Park. Enjoy food, drinks, entertainment, vendors, live entertainment and fireworks at night fall. 650 Indian River Drive, Sebastian
- Lastly, spend the evening with 93.7 the Breeze at their 4th of July celebration in Riverside Park. This event is from 5PM to 9PM and includes bounce houses, a train ride for kids, live entertainment, food and more. Enjoy the fireworks show at 9PM. 350 Dahlia Lane, Vero Beach
For more events on the Treasure Coast, visit www.supportstluciecounty.com
Want to add an event, send an email to Ronda at firstname.lastname@example.org