The 4th of July is a great time to spend with your family and friends and to be all American. Eat a hotdog, listen to some music, shag if you like, then sit back and wait for the spectacular fireworks!
If you live in north Raleigh, Wake Forest, Rolesville, Franklinton, or Louisburg, here’s a rundown of events and fireworks displays.
All displays of fireworks will start at dusk or until it’s dark enough (9:30ish).
Wake Forest – Fireworks on 7/3 with Children’s Parade on the 4th
WHERE: Heritage High School, 1150 Forestville Road
WHEN: Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
COST: $5 or $20 for 5 (kids 6 and under free)
FOOD: Food and beverages: bring your own or buy from vendors – NO alcohol or tobacco
• No pets
• Music by Band of Oz
• Children’s Parade on the 4th at 10:30 a.m. Meet at Holding Park (133 W. Owen Ave.) and parade up North Main Street. Afterwards there will be Art-in-the-Park and crafts at Holding Park. Wake Forest Police will have a K-9 unit demo and the Fire department will have a fire truck there, too!
Zebulon – Fireworks 7/3 and 7/4
WHAT: Baseball game with fireworks afterward
WHERE: Five Country Stadium
COST: $6 – 12.50 tickets www.carolinamudcats.com
FOOD: Hotdogs! (Other concession items available as well)
• Go catch Muddy and the Mudcats for a fireworks display. Very All-American –
baseball, hotdogs, and fireworks!
• Fireworks after the games conclude.
Rolesville – Fireworks 7/4
WHERE: Rolesville Park and Recreation Baseball fields, 121 Redford Place Road
WHEN: 4:00 p.m.
FOOD: Ok to bring your own food and beverages (NO alcohol), food vendors will be available
• Music by Mark Roberts and the Occasionals
• Dogs okay
• Hay rides, watermelons, dunking booth, rock climbing wall, a fly over, UH72 Lakota helicopter will be displayed
• NOTE: Park at Rolesville Elementary School, Main Street Park or nearby shopping areas
Franklinton – Fireworks 7/4
WHERE: Old Franklinton High School football field, 3 N. Main St.
WHEN: Opens at 6:15 p.m.
FOOD: Ok to bring food and drink – also available from vendors
Franklin County – Louisburg – Fireworks 7/3
WHERE: Louisburg High School football field, 201 Allen Lane
WHEN: Opens at 5:30 p.m.
FOOD: Bring your own or purchase from vendors
• DJ, food, and inflatables – oh my!
Happy 4th of July to you all!