For fans of the supernatural, ABC will be offering “666 Park Avenue,” a series based on the novel of the same name by Gabrielle Pierce. The show is set at The Drake, a luxury apartment building in Manhattan where everything is just a little too good to be true until the true nature of the building and its inhabitants are revealed.
Let’s meet the cast:
· Dave Annable, previously played Justin on “Brothers and Sisters,” now appears as Henry Martin, the new co-manager at The Drake
· Rachael Taylor, the Australian beauty appeared as Dr. Lucy Fields on “Grey’s Anatomy” and starred in several films before signing on as Jane Van Veen, wife of Henry and the new co-manager of The Drake
· Robert Buckley, known as Clay Evans form “One Tree Hill,” costars as playwright Brian Leonard, who with his wife Louise is a tenant
· Mercedes Masohn has made a splash in television shows such as “Chuck” and “The Finder” before signing on as photographer Louise Leonard, Brian’s wife
· Helena Mattsson, a Swedish beauty who appeared for 3 episodes on “Desperate Housewives,” now appears as Alexis Blume
· Samantha Jade Logan, television credits include “Gossip Girl” and “Law & Order: SVU,” now has a regular role as Nona Clark, a resident of The Drake with a unique talent
· Vanessa Williams, formerly known as both Wilhelmina Slater from “Ugly Betty” and Renee Perry from “Desperate Housewives,” lends her talents as Olivia Doran, the beautiful, sophisticated and icy wife of The Drake’s owner
· Terry O’Quinn, best known as John Locke of “Lost,” shows us a new side of his multifaceted talent as Gavin Doran, owner of The Drake and the series nemesis
Jane and Henry are a young couple from the Midwest, starting out together in New York. They believe they have hit it big when they sign on to manage The Drake, a sophisticated apartment building located at a prime address in Manhattan for owners Gavin and Olivia Doran. Amazed by their good fortune, the couple slowly begins to realize that all is not as it seems at “666 Park Avenue.”
A pilot episode aired on January 20, 2012 and the network decided to pick up the show for the Fall 2012 season. It will air on ABC on Sundays at 10/9 CST.
Southern Illinois residents will be able to catch it on WSIL, Channel 3.
Check out the trailer at left to see some of the demonic thrills waiting for you at “666 Park Avenue.”
You can subscribe to this column at the top of the page so you don’t miss any television news. Or check out the latest in movie news at:
Southern Illinois Movie Examiner
If you are looking for things to do in southern Illinois or have an interest in self-sustained living, check out my other columns:
· Southern Illinois Day Trip Examiner
· Southern Illinois Self-Sustained Living Examiner
Got something to say? Say it on Examiner by following this linkto sign up.