Days of Our Lives star and host ofThe Biggest Loser Alison Sweeney visits the set of the Emmy Award-winning syndicated daytime talk show THE DOCTORS. The mother of two shares her insider secrets on juggling motherhood, a busy television career, training for a marathon and getting bikini-body ready for her April 2012 Shape Magazine cover shoot.
Sweeney explains that shaking up a workout is key and demonstrates simple, yet effective exercises that can be done at any level outside. View Video on the left hand side of this page.
Supplement Sweeney’s fitness tips with these five foods recommended by THE DOCTORS to help you get beach ready:
· Peaches – At only 40 calories each, this seasonal fruit is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, iron and fiber.
· Apples – An apple a day keeps weight gain at bay. Folks who eat an apple before a meal, on average eat 15% fewer calories overall. Apples are high in vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, but make sure to eat the skin – that’s where most of the nutrients are hidden!
· Oranges – The flavones compounds in this citrus favorite are said to help decrease body fat.
· Gazpacho – Full of nutritious and low-calorie vegetables, this cold and spicy appetizer can help decrease overall caloric consumption at mealtime by 20%.
· Crabmeat – Fill up on this lean source of protein, rich in selenium, Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, copper, zinc, phosphorus and iron…just pass on the crab cakes and other mayonnaise-filled and fried crab dishes.
About THE DOCTORS
The Doctorsis an Emmy Award winning daily, one-hour nationally syndicated series airing in over 150 markets. Featuring Dr. Travis Stork, M.D., Dr. Andrew P. Ordon, M.D., F.A.C.S., Dr. James M. Sears, M.D., and Dr. Lisa Masterson, M.D, The Doctors offers viewers a reliable source of fascinating medical and health advice. Taped in front of an audience in Hollywood,THE DOCTORS is produced by Stage 29 Productions, LLC and is distributed by CBS Television Distribution. Jay McGraw, Carla Pennington and Dr. Phil McGraw are executive producers, and Andrew Scher is the co-executive producer. CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in worldwide television syndication. For additional information onThe Doctors, now in its fourth season, please visitwww.TheDoctorsTV.com.