Children’s health skin care
Eczema is dry and itchy, it makes the skin flare-up from time to time. With this type of skin condition there have to be gentle treatments. Eczema can form itch skin patches on different part of the body, and cleansing your skin daily will help decrease the eczema symptoms. Small children have eczema; a person of any age can have eczema on their skin. Most skin products for a person with eczema would have to be hypoallergenic products such as; shampoos, soaps, lotions, make up, and other items.
When cleansing the skin, avoid using exfoliate scrubs, loofahs, or granules cleansers. Using harsh cleansers on the skin will irritate the skin more. People with eczema skin conditions have to always use mild soaps such as:
- Eucerin gentle hydrating cleanser
- Aveeno moisturizing bar for dry skin
- Dove daily hydrating cleansing bar
- Neutragena extra gentle cleanser
- Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
To moisturize your skin, use ‘Lubriderm lotions,’ this lotion is one of the best moisturizers for irritated skin. Lubriderm lotions can be used for dermatitis, eczema, mild skin rashes, and other skin conditions. This lotion can be bought at a local pharmacy, it might cost a little more than some of the other lotions, that’s because it works great for eczema and other skin problems.
More ways to treat and cure eczema skin patches
- Avoid scratching your skin.
- Take 5 minute daily showers with cool water instead of warm water.
- Put house-plants throughout the home for cleaner air.
- When doing any home cleaning, use rubber gloves for your cleaning projects.
- Avoid using products that contain perfumes in them such as; lotions, deodorants, face and body soaps.
- Use hypo-allergenic skin products.
- Apply 100% Aloe Vera Gel 1-2 times a day.
- Eat foods high in vitamin C, such as fruits and real fruit juices.
It’s a good idea to change bed linens frequently to reduce being in contact with dust and perspiration. Also use a mild deodorant such as ‘Arm & Hammer’ deodorant for arm pits. Using a liquid detergent will assist with decreasing the effects of eczema skin rashes as well.
Children with eczema have to be taught to wash their hands after using the bathroom and when arriving from school to home.
Eczema is not caused by having bad hygiene or by dirt. Some people with eczema use over the counter products such as Cortizone 10 or Cortaid. And if there are worse eczema patches on your skin after you tried everything, it’s best to make an appointment with a dermatologist. Most times your regular doctor can check your skin and give you treatments that may work before actually referring you to a dermatologist.
My other article – Skin Fungus Ringworm
© Sabrina A.K