California is two days away from the 2012 Primary Elections. June 5th will be the final major multi-state Primary left in the United States (aside from Utah’s Primary on June 26.) For at least the past three and a half years voters on both sides of the political aisle came together to become the “Silent Majority No Longer.” As patriots determined to save our Republic, we have rallied against the corruption, lies and cheating that our government is filled with on both sides of the aisle. For far too long, candidates have not EARNED our votes, but instead found it much easier to buy our votes. It looked as though populists on both the Left and the Right had finally said “Enough!” and were determined to take action to ensure a brighter and better future.
The first statewide implementation of Prop 14 will be utilized in two short days. This proposition, while it may help in some districts, solidifies a win for the candidate with the most money because they can purchase the name recognition needed to grab the uninformed voters vote. This is why sign vandalism has been so high in some districts.
In 2008, voters came out in mass to demand CHANGE, however the CHANGE they received has resulted in a world economic crash as well as a unemployment rates and foreclosures that are neck-and-neck with the Great Depression. In 2010, voters went back to the polls to send a loud message to our government that the corrupt “establishment” leader, on both sides of the aisle, have had their chance and now it was time to kick them out! Since January 2012, the primaries have proven that Americans are not done cleaning house! After every Primary, the news has been filled with upset votes. Shoe-in establishment candidates are being ousted by grassroots candidates because voters are no longer going to have their vote sold to the highest bidder. Even the Democratic presidential primaries have shown the restlessness of the electorate, with fringe candidates – including one incarcerated inmate – regularly racking up 30%-40% of the Democrat primary vote against an otherwise uncontested Barack Obama.
There are rules in place during campaigns, rules on how much money candidates can receive per person, how much interaction candidates can have with outside entities raising money for them as well as rules for these outside entities raising money. However, these rules can be bent and cheated in order to obtain a win for the most “connected” candidate instead of the most supported. Everyone knows the ungodly amount of money spent on a political campaign, heck if we just took the monies raised each election, we would have a huge dent taken out of the national debt!
The introduction on a grand scale of Super PAC’s is another way corruption will keep the same sort of candidates in office. Before I go any further, I want to clarify that not all Super PACs are in violation of PAC rules… I totally believe in the concept of, “I made the money, I should be able to spend it however or on whomever I choose.” Unfortunately, suppose you have a candidate who is supported by 1000 voters who can only donate $20 to the campaign, the other candidate is supported by 1 voter who can donate a million dollars, both looking for name recognition in order to win under Prop 14, which candidate can win under these rules and which candidate truly REPRESENTS the districts interests?
What are some of the major RULES of a SuperPAC?
- While Super PACs are not required to gather information as to who donates, and are not required to limit the amount of funds donated, they must still list how and when their cash came in.
- Super PACs may NOT Support/Oppose only one candidate or group. As amatter of fact, in order to obtain Super PAC status they must put a“check” in the box next to Section 5 (f) on FEC form 1 which states “This committee supports/opposes more than one Federal candidate, and is NOT a separate segregated fund or party committee, (i.e., non-connected committee)”
- Super PACs absolutely can not work in conjunction with the candidate/s they are supporting. There must be a wide bright line between the Super PAC and any candidate, committee controlled by a candidate, or member of a candidate’s campaign staff.
All three of the rules seem to have been broken by a Major Contributor
to Kim Vann’s bid to represent California’s 3rd Congressional District
in Washington D.C.
The Super PAC is now known as AMERICANS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN LEADERSHIP since it changed it’s name just 3 weeks after its initial filing in March of this year. Originally it operated under the name CALIFORNIANS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN LEADERSHIP the change in name may seem small and insignificant, but it is a wholly understandable one, why not make voters believe this candidate has made themselves nationally recognized? The other questionable issue is that the leadership, as well as the Treasurer, for this Super PAC is the same person, David Bauer. No other leadership is involved in this organization.
How did they violate the rules I mentioned above?
- Reviewing their FEC reporting data, I discovered not a single report shows any donation of any kind. In this economy, this would not be a big deal especially for a start up organization with only 1 person directing it. However, the PAC has spent over $26,000 on direct mail campaigns for Kim Vann, and only Kim Vann!
- This Super PAC has submitted 2 reports, April and May, neither report show any donations! Both reports submitted to the FEC account for $0.00 Cash on hand, $0.00 Operating expenses, $0.00 in Contributions, $0.00 in loans, and $0.00 in disbursements.
- The 24-hour reports filed by the PAC on May 29th and May 30th show payments to Dome Printing in the amount of $13,720 and to Gateway Media in the amount of $21,808.01 for a grand total of $35,528.01 spent in 2 days on direct mail campaigns for Kim Vann.
If they have $0.00 in funds how did they come up with over $35,000 for direct mail pieces for this ONE candidate?
The old saying “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.” Voters have been waiting to head to the polls in order to “Clean House” and stop the insanity in Washington. Don’t do the same thing over and over by voting in corrupt candidates to bring the same mentality to Washington, Corruption does not Represent me, nor does it Represent you… Don’t let a corrupt candidate head to Washington to represent the 3rd Congressional District… Kim Vann is a cheat, don’t reward her with your vote!