Fitness Magazine hosted the first ever fit-fluential, fun-filled, informative Fitness Bloggers at the Metropolitan Pavillion in NYC recently in May, showcasing great brands, sponsors, fitness panels and speakers that makes it easy to stay fit and healthy. The Fitness Bloggers’ event succeeded in bringing together the most influential bloggers nationwide to an unforgettable day of networking, editor meet and greets, product previews, and seminars.
Fitness Editor-In-Chief Betty Wong and Mia Hamm hosted and kicked off the event with various ~30 minute panels and sessions. Drop Dead Healthy, by AJ Jacobs was very helpful, especially with his advice on getting healthy by chewing more, move every 30 minutes to avoid sitting all day, take stairs and squat as often as possible and maintain a stress-free lifestyle. Another awesome and informative session was The Real Deal on Carbs, Cleanses and Caffeine with Mary Christ Andersen, Keri Gans and Tayna Zuckerbrot, discussed how carbs are ok in moderation, coffee is fine if it’s not served with loads of whipped cream, and cleanses are temporary solutions. How to Turn Your Blog into a Business with Kelly Olexa, Tina Haupert, Carla Birnberg, and Julie Fagan was a hot topic since the event was a Fitness Bloggers’ event. Fitness bloggers are very passionate people who enjoy sharing ideas and different points of view which prove to be invaluable to many people with busy lifestyles. Laura Geller talked about her specialty, which is beauty. Laura loves a great primer, and she generously gave guests a 2OZ full size of her amazing Spackle Under Make-up Primer. There were other great panels and speakers that made the event so much more enjoyable and informative, such as, Why Eat Less/Move More is so last Year, by Dr. Pamela Peeke; Gym to Street Fashion Tips that will Help You Stretch Your Spandex Beyond the Gym, by Argy Koutsothanasis; and Fitness Facts and Fibs, by Juno DeMelo, Joe Dowdell and Alycea Ungaro.
Guests received the latest and greatest products from various brands and sponsors such as, but not limited to:
1. Birkenstock footwear provides the perfect balance of support, shock resistance and freedom to allow feet and body to recover naturally after after a workout. Guests received a pair of its Pink Footbed, which feels so incredibly comfortable when inserted in sneakers! It’s so lightweight, supportive that it feels as if you’re walking on air or a cloud. The Pink Footbed has wonderful contoured arches which help balance foot pressure and reduce fatigue. Its made of a microfiber liner that absorbs moisture and a cork underside that offers great shock absorption. The Footbed usually comes in blue, so this Pink Footbed is a limited edition, in which Birkenstock will donate a percentage of each Pink Footbed to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
2. CamelBak offered attendees its famous spill-proof, BPA-Free CamelBak eddy that makes it easy to stay hydrated on the go. Thanks to CamelBank, everyone was able to fill their personal spill proof, “got your bak” lifetime guarantee bottle at the Fitness Blogger events’ hydration stations. This was very helpful, especially after a fitness class!
3. Grain Food Foundation treated everyone will a delicious buffet of healthy food, bread and spread. They partnered with soccer star Mia Hamm, who uses grain foods to keep her energy levels balanced, maintain her weight, and lead an active lifestyle.
4. KiwiSweat, a pop-up fitness company featured in the NY Times and Wall Street Journal, was voted one of the top five workouts in 2012! Lucky guests received a gift certificate for a free class at KiwiSweat.
5. Laura Geller pampered attendees with her excellent Spackle Under Makeup Primer to take home to try! This primer makes skin look and feel soft, silky, smooth, so it doesn’t need much foundation at all. It allows just a little bit of foundation and blush will stay and look gorgeous all day long. It feels very lightweight and not oily or greasy, which is perfect for the warmer summer months coming up.
6. Oakley Women’s apparel and eyewear makes fashion functionable when it comes to fitness! Lucky guests learned about Oakley’s latest and greatest eyewear styles, such as Drizzle, Ideal, Necessity, Overtime, Underspin, Urgency and offered a free pair to take home! One top favorite pair is the Oakley Urgency in Tortoise Dark Brown, which comes with 100% UVA/UFB/UVC rectangular lenses with a lightweight, stress-resistant frame that’s perfect for every face shape and active woman! The Urgency is so incredibly comfortable, stylish, that you will forget you’re wearing them while jogging or biking. The lenses are one of the best, with varied light transmission, so you can job or bike with ease on a nice sunny day.
7. Pure Protein provides high protein snacks essential to a balanced diet and active lifestyle. They gave out complimentary protein bars, such as their Pure Protein 20g High Protein Bar, chocolate peanut butter flavor.
8. Reebok gave guests a pair of Reebox RealFlex sneakers, which feels so light on feet with added control and stability! The exclusive RealFlex technology promotes natural movement of foot, so feet can move and flex during an intense workout. These sneakers are perfect for running, because it helps prevent foot pain, allowing one faster performance. It comes in various colors and the pink color is definitely a top favorite!
9. Schick Hydro Silk razors performs a close shave, while it also hydrates skin, and gave guests a free shaver to try out.
10. Sun Maid has been around for 100 years, and treated attendees with 100% natural, delicious, sweet raisins and sweet creamy vanilla yogurt rains.
11. V8 introduced its new smoothies which are so yummy and healthy. It contains real fruits and vegetables, which is a guilt-free treat.
12. Vichy, a french skincare for all skin types, gave guests an amazing treatment for stomach and waist that really works! Vichy Destock Stomach Firming and Refining Abdominal Care firms and refines skin around waistline to help the stomach appear tighter. When used for about three to four weeks during regular exercise, skin really does feel and look firmer. It’s so easy to use; simply massage twice daily on stomach and waistline.
The above as just a dozen of more great, exciting brands at the amazing, fun-filled, unforgettable Fitness Bloggers’ event. It’s the first bloggers’ event that Fitness Magazine ever hosted, so hope it will be an annual one! For more information, visit fitnessmagazine.com.