With money being so tight and long work hours sucking your energy, it’s hard to find time for yourself. But, at least it’s free! Whether it’s catching up with a long-lost fitness routine, or getting a makeover, below are five free ways to pamper yourself in Los Angeles.
- Keeping up with Sephora: While shopping in some of Los Angeles’s quintessential shopping malls (the Glendale Galleria, Hollywood & Highland Center, and the Beverly Center), stop by any Sephora store and ask about their Express Service – a quick and free makeover. Enjoy your transformation!
- Eat-right Farmers Markets: Eating healthy results in better looking skin, more energy, and feeling lighter and healthier within. Free farmers markets throughout Los Angeles have collaborated to deliver fresh-from-the-field produce to urban neighborhoods. The most popular ones operate on Sundays. The best of the bunch includes, theLos Angeles Farmers Market (Third and Fairfax), Hollywood Farmers Market (Ivar and Selma Avenue), Hermosa Beach Farmers Market (900 Valley Drive), Studio City Farmers Market (Ventura Place and Laurel Canyon Boulevard) and the Santa Monica Farmers Market (2640 Main Street).
- Don’t forget Toto: Los Angeles provides and operates nine doggie parks for you and your furry friend to roam…sans leash. Talk about freedom! Walking and playing with your dog is also an amazing exercise.
- Learn to breaststroke: The Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks offers Operation Splash at certain facilities. Operation Splash provides free summer swimming lessons, which is sponsored by Kaiser Permanente. For more information, visit: www.laparks.org.
- It’s okay to feel self-centered: Zone in on the most important thing: your inner self, at the Sahaja Yoga Meditation Center in Sherman Oaks. This yoga center is different for offering meditation classes in multiple languages as English, Spanish, and Farsi. Sahaja offers free 90-minute workshops and guided mediations three nights a week and once on Saturdays. For more information and their schedule, check out: http://sahajayogala.org/FreeClasses.htm
All five of these options can aid in alleviating stress, clearing your mind, and making you feel more energized and feel better about yourself. Best of all, you don’t even need your wallet.