Walt Disney World offers seamless vacations, especially if you stay at one of their onsite hotels. A Magical Express bus picks you up at the airport, you use the Disney transportation system to move between the theme parks, and you don’t even have to worry about the cost of meals if you’re on the Disney Dining Plan.
Adventures by Disney offers a seamless experience, too, but expands the scope beyond Florida to other places in North America and around the world. The adventures visit some of the world’s most popular tourist spots, like the Eiffel Tower or the Sistine Chapel.
Why book an Adventures by Disney trip when you can book the same type of vacation yourself? I’ll have a full report when I return from my Roaming the Rockies vacation (subscribe to my column to read my live reports), but in the meantime here are five reasons why this is a great way to travel:
1) You don’t have to plan your own itinerary. You probably know the major sights you want to see, but beyond that, you probably don’t know much about the destination. Adventures by Disney (ABD) plans the itinerary, which usually includes all the big tourist and attractions and even some lesser known fun things to do.
2) You don’t have to blindly choose your accommodations. Websites like Trip Advisor make it easier to know whether a hotel is good, but it’s still a blind choice when you’re going somewhere new. ABD makes the hotel selections for you, and you have some assurance that they’ll be good properties.
3) You don’t have to wait in as many lines. Lines for the most popular tourist sites can get outrageous, but ABD takes care of getting tickets and reservations, and you usually get priority access. That saves a lot of time and frustration.
4) You’re assured of good vendors. Many tourist destinations have many vendors offering excursions and sightseeing trips. How do you know which one is reliable? ABD makes the choice for you so you know you’re safe even when doing something exciting like zip lining or white water rafting.
5) You don’t have to worry about gratuities. ABD takes care of gratuities for bellhops, drivers, and guides at each destination. You don’t have to worry about how much it’s customary to give in a certain country. The only tips you’ll need to give are for your Disney Adventure Guides, and there are guidelines in your packet to make it easy.
Need advice or guidance from a Central Florida theme parks expert? Check out my ebooks for Kindle and Nook.