Foster parents; ‘as the wheel turns’
the CPS wheel. 4 / 4.
In part three, we were talking about parents losing their children, removals by CPS,
it happens thousands of times across this nation on a daily basis. Children removed, placed into foster homes. So you see, in the midst of ‘as the wheel turns’ are the foster parents, whose lives are a twisted maze of people that you deal with on a daily basis, all of which are intricately connected with this government wheel.
- Educate yourself; arm yourself with facts on the Foster Care System, and Administrative Law. Know your rights, and learn your way around a courtroom as well as the rights of the foster child be present in the courtroom on behalf of the child. Don’t depend on the social worker, GAL, CASA, or social worker to speak up on behalf of the child. When you educate yourself, you can pass along what you have learned to others, share what you have learned.
Many years ago someone asked me to send proof, my sources, and statistics for the facts shared in articles published. We met in California where I informed this professional, due to the phrases being used that he had only one side of the equation presented, brainwashing had occurred.
Thirteen years as an advocate, educating foster/adoptive and biological parents we had a clear picture of the “dark side of fostering, as well as, the rewards of fostering.
You see, like most graduates there is always innocence of life, do you remember the attitude with graduation,
- ‘I can change the world’
Most graduates take with them off campus; however, more is required. Life teaches we have yet another graduation, another education is required to comprehend any subject.
- “A book does not a mechanic make.”
It is hands on taking a car apart and putting it back together so that it runs that makes the mechanic, not reading a book it is the lessons we learn in life that help us relate to others who are suffering through the realities of life Getting past human mind into the heart.
Like the saying;
‘the longest distance in the world is from the mind to the heart.’ (an unknown author).
- Removing children from their home, is a serious matter, one we should be positively certain is necessary otherwise we will destroy lives, destroy family relationships. By understanding this destruction we are accepting responsibility for it.
- We, as humans are responsible for taking it from our minds to our hearts, having it appear as a message to our hearts, a message that life teaches, lessons we do not from books.
- Have you succeeded in this life given task? Good question. Do you understand the devastation you leave behind? Make sure there is harm to the child before you traumatize the child and the parents, do not let yourself become part of the problem
“Absolute power corrupts absolutely” Here is the link John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902).
My friend is now a graduate of the hard knocks of life. You see, he visited the world of FPLS, and NFPCAR . He understands reality, however, has chosen to reflect “destruction” as a positive perspective, ‘as the wheel turns” CPS as protection of our children.
- Questions; how many social workers are doing the same? Did life’s lessons outside of college make it possible for your heart to grasp the destruction social workes are leaving behind? Is this the purpose of your spending years in college? Are you ignoring you crying heart strings?
Without doubt, unfortunately, money is the root of all evil.