This Fourth of July, Napa Valley holds celebrations through the entire Valley from morning to night. In addition to visiting wineries Napa Valley, visitors will be able to enjoy day parades, Napa County Fair and fireworks. Festivities start early all throughout. Here is a list of some of the events:
- Napa County Fair and Fireworks – Celebrate Independence Day at the Napa County Fair in Calistoga with live entertainment, rides, and plenty of food! Located at 1490 North Oak Street, Calistoga. General admission $10 for Adults and $5 for Kids, Kids under 6 are free. Event starts at 11:00 am and Fireworks begins at 9:30 pm. For more information call 707-942-5111.
- Fourth of July Celebration in Napa – The day starts with the annual parade. This year’s theme is ‘Take me out to the Ball Game’, so dress in red, white and blue and wear your favorite team hat! Parade will be broadcast live on KVON radio and filmed on Napa TV 28. Ten thousand people attended last year, so make sure you come early, bring a lawn chair and an umbrella, parade starts at 10 am at Second and School St. For a map of the parade route and more details click here. Then, join the fun at Veterans Memorial Park in Main Street for Napa’s annual Fourth of July celebration. Enjoy food, beer, wine, and lots of activities for the kids. Fireworks start at 9:30 pm. Admission is free, for more information call 707-257-9529.
- Napa Valley Wine Train – See the fireworks as you have never seen before…from the Napa Valley Wine Train! Enjoy an elegant gourmet meal and then relax as you view fireworks from your front row seat. Reserve your space today! Train departs from 1275 McKinstry Street Napa at 5:30 pm. Fee is $119-$159 per person. For more information call 800-427-4124.
- 2012 Silverado 4th of July Parade in Calistoga – Calistoga has continued the tradition of community pride found throughout the country during the 19th Century with its displays of floats, clowns, horse-drawn fire rigs, local politicians, old cars, and more. Parade starts at 11:00 am and runs through downtown Calistoga. Admission is free. For more information call 707-942-5111.
- July 4th Celebration and Fireworks in American Canyon – American Canyon’s annual Fourth of July 2012 parade will include classic cars, decorated vehicles, and floats. The parade starts at 10:30 am at the corner of Elliott and Kimberly Drives. The parade will end at Community Park for an all-day festival with children’s activities including bounce houses and arts & crafts, live music and a flag-raising ceremony. Fireworks begin after dusk at approximately 9:30 pm at Community Park I, located at 1400 Rio Grande Drive. Admission is free.
- July 4th Celebration and Fireworks in Yountville – American pride, live music, other entertainment, food vendors, Veterans and of course, fireworks at darkness. Event starts at noon at the Veterans Home of California, 260 California Drive. Fireworks starts at 9:30 pm. Admission is free. For more information call 707-944-4600.
- 4th of July at Louis Martini in St. Helena – Celebrate with Mike Martini at the Louis Martini Winery and enjoy a Napa-style feast, delectable wine and food pairings, live entertainment and family activities. The evening culminates with a world-class fireworks display. The winery is located at 254 S. St. Helena Highway. Admission for the event is $150 for general public and $110 for club members. Event starts at 6:30 pm through 10:00 pm. For more information call 866-549-2582.
Many wineries in Napa Valley will be open the Fourth of July and others may have special hours of operation. Call ahead your favorite winery to plan your day and have fun!