Summer is happily here and with it fun, sun, and the Fourth of July. As Independence Day approaches the excitement of patriotism and fireworks is in the air. People are busy preparing for the Fourth of July hump day as well as getting the abode ready for summer entertaining.
The American flag is the inspiration for Fourth of July decorating
- Red, white, and blue, as the colors of independence, are the perfect theme colors to celebrate the holiday and the summer décor.
- Combining the beach with our country’s colors is the perfect blend to use for your Fourth of July motif.
Sunrooms are the perfect rooms to transform to celebrate the time of year
- Wicker furniture can be updated with seat cushions upholstered in blue awning stripes. Add some pillows in red with white stars. Finish with window swags in our flag’s colors.
Accessorizing can update any room for the Fourth
- Present some red and white flowers in a blue vase with some small flags. Add printed or solid pillows in red, white, and blue.
- Make throw pillows out of tee shirts.
- Decorate with table cloths and runners; get a blue checkered table cloth and use white plates with red napkins rolled and tied with blue ribbons or string.
- Have the kids gather sea shells to paint in red, white, and blue. Then display them as a centerpiece in a bowl with some sand or in a shadow box.
- Use a shadow box coffee table and change the motif for the holidays and seasons.
- Place candles in a vase with shells.
- Red lanterns look pretty as centerpieces and serve as soft accent lighting.
- Replace existing light bulbs with blue light bulbs for mood lighting.
Chair covers can easily be made for any occasion
- Sew some easy DIY covers for your July 4th décor
- Take patriotic tees and use them as fun chair covers, on parson’s chairs or folding chairs.
Enjoy the day of fun and celebration. After the burgers and hotdogs are eaten, serve a special desert of whipped cream with strawberries and blueberries. Add a sparkler in the middle for fun.
Enjoy the fireworks, turn up the music and celebrate our great country! Never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for ovalpike.com.