In response to the jump off who recently penned a note THOUGHTS FROM THE OTHER WOMAN stating the 5 reasons why married/involved men would rather be with other women rather than their wife or significant other is not only ludicrous but it is utter bull hunk. (I am being polite)
In the note, the women stated she was a Christian who went to church twice-a-week, exercised daily, was educated, and had a successful career. She also went on to state that she had met her ‘soul mate’ who happened to be a married man who marriage was in a ‘rough patch’. And that they had been together for years.
Its notes like this where women are trying to justify why she has decided to get involved with your man is the main reason why I wanted to respond. Here are my answers to her five points: (note- the quotes paraphrase her five points)
1. “I don’t go out looking for your husband/s.o. – he finds me!” – The reason why he chose you is due to the fact that he knew you would believe his line about his marriage/relationship hitting a rough patch. It’s the easiest lie to tell lonely women. All he had to do was find the right mark. And you were it. Trust, this isn’t his first pony show.
2. “Get yourself together–while you are gaining 15 pounds of “baby weight” I am getting fine in the gym.” – Living healthy is admirable; however, most ‘other women’ are in the gym to kill time to stem off loneliness. Also, the gym is full of married/involved men who are bored and again, looking for their next mark. Women like you who are in the gym killing time.
3. “Quit being insecure…you call him all day (and night) wanting to know when he comes home.” – He is most likely calling her to find out her so that he can be in the opposite direction. However, she is the wife, and is allowed to call as many times as she deems fit.
4. “Stop talking about what you won’t do…really?” – Most modern wives are their husbands personal playthings…and if she isn’t she should be. However, men want variety and as much as a wife may be willing to do, he may just want it from someone else. It’s not the wife’s fault as to why YOU came into the picture.
5. “Keep listening to your family, friends and everyone else on TV (who is single) on how to handle your man before long you’ll be single just like them.” – True friends know when you have a good and/or a bad person. They will not deliberately sabotage some one good in your life. If they do then clearly they are not your friend.
It pains me how trifling women will try and spin a negative into a positive with the word soul-mate.
Being with a married man is just plain selling yourself short, and quite frankly it is what you deserve because you don’t respect yourself enough to be his main choice.
Saundra aka SassyScribe