June has many holidays to inspire. Find fun ways to teach your children using these holidays to build the bond between you. Memories will be made as you spend special time with your children doing out of the ordinary things. Enjoy!
Month long celebrations:
- • Candy Month – make a calendar for June with a different piece of candy for each day, to be eaten after lunch or dinner.
- • Dairy Month – find different ways to use milk, like in a shake, a smoothie or pudding and different ways to use cheese, another dairy product.
- • National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month – introduce new fruits and vegetables to the family this month. Ever tried a kiwi?
- • Turkey Lovers Month – Make a turkey dinner, it is good any time of year.
- • Week 2 Email Week – teach them how to write an email to grandma – she will thank you!
1 Flip a Coin Day – teach the children how to flip the coin, then have contests on who can flip the highest, the farthest, etc.
5 World Environment Day – here is a chance to teach about the environment and how they can help.
6 National Yo-Yo Day – here is a fun one – get yo-yos and set up contests – who can spin it the longest, show off different tricks or learn some new ones.
7 National Chocolate Ice Cream Day – a treat for after dinner – make a party of it – get toppings and a movie to watch while you eat it.
11 Hug Holiday – make a game of it – give a reason for a hug before hugging and see who can come up with the most reasons, the funniest reasons, the most special, etc.
12 Red Rose Day – give your girls their first red rose.
13 Sewing Machine Day – If your girls are old enough, start to teach them about sewing and take a trip to the fabric store.
14 Flag Day – Teach on the origin of our flag.
16 National Hollerin’ Contest Day – third Saturday in June – have a contest – the loudest, the longest, the highest pitched, etc.
16 World Juggler’s Day – Saturday closest to June 17th – go see a juggler, try to juggle with tennis balls or watch a show on how to learn to juggle.
17 Eat Your Vegetables Day – try another veggie that you have not tried before.
17 Father’s Day – a great day to spend together as a family, showing honor to dad.
20 Ice Cream Soda Day – get lots of toppings and have a party!
25 Log Cabin Day – get out the Lincoln Logs build the best log cabin, look them up online for inspiration
26 Forgiveness Day – a great day to teach about forgiveness.
28 Paul Bunyan Day – check online and find out what his story is, or take a trip to the library and check out a book on him.
29 Waffle Iron Day – great excuse to have waffles for dinner!
1) Sacramento City Aglow, (Inter-denominational) Meeting at: Westminster Presbyterian Church At 1300 N Street, Sacramento, Ca (Across from the Capitol) Friday June 1 at 6:30 p.m. For more information contact Jill Marchuk, 916-715-4465 or Mary Lee Sondergard, 916-418-4257.
2) Messianic Worship Duo ‘Mishkanim, Join Howie and Aline who have ministered in Israel, Europe and the United States, for a night of Praise and Worship. Held at Victory Tabernacle, 3910 Marysville Rd, Sacramento, CA 95838, June 2. Social Hour at 6:00 p.m. and also following the program. Check out Mishkanim Sponsored by Paul & Cassie Schlenvogt 530-476-3211.
3) State Capitol Regional Pastor’s Prayer for Governmental Leaders, 1st Wednesday of every month in Room 126 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. Hosted by: Assemblyman Dan Logue and facilitated by: Pastor John Lucas of the Gloryland Revival Center 916.821.1242, June 6.
4) Luncheon for Business and Civic Leaders. Speaker Luis Palau,11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Sheraton Grand Hotel 1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, Purchase a table today Cost: $400 for a table of 10, June 13.
5) Luis Palau, June 16-17 at Cal Expo Toby Mac and Mandisa will be at this event!
6) Ladies 20th Annual Conference, “We Are One” June 21-23, 2012, Rancho Cordova, contact Kitty Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org, 916.397.4538.
7) Women’s Spiritual Advance, September 21-23, 2012, Theme: Restoration, Job 42:10, Cost $149, for more information contact Mary Watts: 916.745.5154
How did you celebrate these holidays? Share in the comments below.
Share this article with a friend and watch for future segments of “Days to celebrate”.
Please go to Facebook and ‘Like’ my page: