Okay, Kansas City, the 2012 All-Star Game is right around the corner. On July 10th, the entire world will tune to Fox to see this great city hosting the mid-summer classic. Kansas City has been preparing for this for over a year now and all that hard work is about to pay off.
2012 All-Star Game a chance for Kansas City to shine
There are many fantastic events being held in Kansas City in addition to the All-Star Game. The All-Star Fan Fest runs from July 6-10. The Legends and Celebrity Softball Game and the Futures Game will be played on July 8th and will air following the Home Run Derby. The Home Run Derby itself will be held on July 9th at Kauffman Stadium and will air on ESPN.
2012 American League All-Star roster
The 2012 All-Star Game will be played at Kauffman Stadium and will air on Fox. Coverage of the game begins at 6:30 CST on Fox 4 KC. Check your local listings if you’re outside of the Kansas City metro area.
2012 National League All-Star roster
How well do you know the history of your hometown Kansas City Royals in the Major League Baseball All-Star Game? Take the Kansas City TV Examiner All-Star baseball quiz to see just how much you know about the boys in blue and the mid-summer classic.
1. Who was the first ever player from the Kansas City Royals to represent the American League? (2 pt.)
2. Who is the only Royals player to win the All Star Game MVP? (1 pt. for player; 1 pt. for year= 2 pts.)
3. Name each individual Royals position player who has been voted into the ASG as a starter? (1 pt. for each player= 5 pts.)
4. Who is the only Royals pitcher to be the winning pitcher of the ASG? (1 pt. for player; 1 pt. for year= 2 pts.)
5. What year did the Royals send seven players and coaches to the ASG? (2 pts.)
6. How many All Star Games did George Brett play in during his career? (5 pts.)
7. Who are the only Royals managers to represent KC as the AL manager at the ASG? (1 pt. for each manager and year= 2 pts.)
8. Who are the only two Royals players to garner the most AL votes from fans? (2 pts.)
9. Who was the last Royals player to be voted into the All Star Game? (1 pt. for player; 1 pt. for year= 2 pts.)
10. When was the last time the Royals had more than two players selected to the American League All Star team? (1 pt. for year; 1 pt. for each player= 4 pts.)
Answers to the Kansas City Royals All-Star Game history quiz
(0-8 pts.)= Minor Leaguer
(9-16 pts.)= Journeyman
(17-24 pts.)= Clean Up Hitter
(25-28 pts.)= Royals Hall of Famer
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my TV Examiner column at the top of the page to get a trusty email sent to you when I post something new. You can also follow me on @tbenglish on Twitter, on my TV and Movies Examiner Facebook page at my own personal website, Bonus Features.