How long does it take to get to know if someone is right for you or if they’re borderline crazy? Do you ever start dating someone only to meet their alter ego 6 months down the line and ask yourself if there were any signs warning you to turn around sooner? Well there should be no exception made to the following if you are seeing them in the person you’re currently or will date in the future. Read on…
1. He has just experienced a loss of a close relative, friend, or a job. This new void in their life can mean they’re looking for a distraction from the pain. Don’t be that distraction.
2. They just experienced a break-up from a serious relationship within the last 3-6 months. Depending on the length of the last relationship and the reason for it ending, this is their healing period/rebound period. Give them time to heal without being their rebound.
3. He doesn’t have a good relationship with his mother. If he doesn’t respect the woman who gave him life, why would you expect him to respect you?
4. He’s never been in a relationship or considered any female his girlfriend. This guy needs to get experience in a committed situation before you two put a label on things. Give him a chance to mature in this area with someone else instead of being their learning tool.
5. You’ve been exclusively dating for longer than 90 days and haven’t met any of his family or friends. If the only life of his you know of is the one he has with you, then he may be hiding more than you think.
6. He doesn’t like talking about the future, the one with you in it. If he is incapable of setting a date to go out and doesn’t mention planning anything with you, then you might not be in his sight long term.
7. He doesn’t offer to do anything outside with you and the content of your relationship happens behind closed doors. This usually means he only sees you as a friend with benefits or not good enough to do things that don’t involve sex.
8. He only responds via text message and his phone is turned off immediately after his response. Don’t waste your time with someone who won’t even wait to see what you have to say or doesn’t want to hear your voice. If he doesn’t return your messages within 24 hours has no common courtesy.
9. You’re always being compared to his last girlfriend or someone he’s dated previously. He hasn’t had time to come to terms with his past. You want someone who will get to know you with a clean slate.
10. He never keeps a phone number for longer than 30 days. If his means of contact is on constant rotation, then you can’t expect him to show you consistency. He is probably running from something or someone and is not giving himself a chance for opportunity to find him.
Aside from warning signs and red flags, women should always follow their gut and intuition. If there is something I didn’t mention that is somewhat alarming, be aware and move slowly or move on altogether.