Cleaning makes us cranky, especially in summer. We want to kick back, take a hammock ride, grill up some meat, or get tired out swimming. What we don’t want to do is push a vacuum instead of a swing, but if you gotta. So low and behold, my friends The Maids stopped by to give us some tips to make it all less of a chore.
” …We want to kick back, take a hammock ride …”
Tips for Cleaning in the Lazy Days of Summer
THE MAIDS Home Services offers tips for keeping your home clean with as little as time and effort as possible:
With the weather warming up, the last thing anyone wants to do is stay inside and clean. It seems that once summer hits, everyone’s schedule begins to fill up. Here are a few quick tips on getting the house clean in no time by THE MAIDS.
Thirty seconds is longer than you think. You can easily maintain trouble spots or reduce pesky clutter by following these cleaning tasks:
- Prevent soap scum buildup in your shower with a few quick squirts of daily shower spray.
- Swipe the bathroom counter with a disinfectant wipe, clearing it of hairspray, toothpaste and soap scum.
- Shake out entryway rugs to rid them of excess dirt and minimize traipsing it throughout your home.
With two minutes, you can:
- Gather stray clutter into a laundry basket. Just be sure to put everything in its proper place at a later time.
- Sweep high-traffic areas, like the entryway or bathroom floor.
- Spritz the bathroom mirror with glass cleaner and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth.
- And at the expense of sounding like your mother, make your bed.
Are you lucky enough to have won a time windfall? Use your five minutes wisely:
- Start a load of laundry.
- Wash the bathroom floor. Clean-up is simple if you have already swept it during your two-minute hiatus.
- Wipe down kitchen countertops. You don’t want harmful germs finding their way into your food preparations.
- Sort through your pile of mail and toss the junk. Remember to shred and recycle!
Busy lifestyles necessitate taking small, time-efficient steps when it comes to maintaining an orderly and clean house. If you need an extra hand, call THE MAIDS and experience the healthiest, most thorough housecleaning in the industry.
About THE MAIDS:
THE MAIDS Home Services, founded in 1979, is the most trusted name in home services due to their consistent quality service and premium products which meet or exceed customers’ expectations. THE MAIDS promises to deliver a cleaner, healthier, happier and more comfortable home…guaranteed because “Nobody Outcleans The Maids.” Rated as the top residential cleaning franchise in Entrepreneur magazine for the past four years, THE MAIDS is one of the oldest and largest residential cleaning franchisers in the United States and Canada, serving over 40 states and four provinces in North America. For more information, visit THE MAIDS Home Services’ web site at www.maids.com or call 1-800-THE-MAIDS, “Nobody Outcleans The Maids.”