The last Twilight movie is going to be the first official panel in Hall H at Comic-Con 2012. This is great news for Twi-hards, but there are new rules set by the higher ups at Comic-Con for waiting in line for the H Hall. Be sure to follow each rule to the T or risk missing the best panels this year!
This year at Comic-Con no lining up in the Park Plaza, which is the grassy area outside of Hall H, will be permitted until all of the tents and canopies have been set up. All of this work should be done by Tuesday July 10th, which is two days before the big event, but in case the work time is extended, no one will be allowed to line up. If attendees do try to line up while the workers are still setting up the Park Plaza, then they will be asked to leave the area and risk not getting in to seeing their panel.
CCI and the gracious hosts at the San Diego Comic-Con don’t recommend lining up outside the H Hall at all, but if attendees decide to do so, they must follow these rules:
- Camping is not allowed.
- No tents, canopies, inflatables, cots, beds, furniture, large coolers, heaters, large fans, large umbrellas, chaise lounges, open flames, or anything of similar size of any kind as determined by the Convention Center.
- You are allowed to have one chair per person of relatively normal size. You may use a sleeping bag or blanket as well, provided it is only taking up the space of one person.
- No facilities or services will be available in the Park, so plan accordingly.
- Restroom access will be available in Lobby G of the Convention Center from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM each night starting Tuesday, July 10. No other access to facilities will be available.
- Please respect the grounds and dispose of trash in trash receptacles. Please do not leave any trash or waste behind.
- No “saving” a spot in line unless it is only temporary, such as a restroom break.
These rules are going to be enforced, but to what extent, we won’t know until Comic-Con begins. It’s inevitable that fans won’t be at least trying to line up for Twilight the night before. Fans have been doing so each year the the cast has been at Comic-Con and it’s no surprise if Twi-hards attempt to do so again this year.
These rules are going to effect thousands of peoples’ plans, no doubt, but it’s best to just follow them to make everyone’s experience at Comic-Con 2012 as efficient and enjoyable as possible. If you didn’t plan on getting a hotel on Wednesday night, and planned on camping out on the grass, be sure to have a back up plan. Check if your hotel has a room available that night as well, just in case you do in fact get kicked out of the grassy area. So have fun this year, and be safe!