Some of Matanuska-Susitna Valley Events for the week ending Sunday July 8th, with the ongoing events listed first, are :
1. Wasilla Farmer’s Market happens every Wednesday from 11 a. m.-6 p.m. Lots of local vendors selling everything from aprons to zucchini. Check them out next to the Wasilla Public Library.
2. Friday Fling is on Fridays in Palmer, Alaska. Hours are 10 a. m.-5 p. m. in downtown Palmer next to the train. Local food vendors, crafts and veggies are available.
3. Willow Farmers Market is on Fridays from 2 p.m. – 7 p.m., until Sept. 21. You will find it at Mile 68.8 marker on the Parks Highway across the road from Newman’s Texaco.
4. Houston Farmers Market will be open from 10 a. m. -6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday in their new location. You will find them at the Visitors and Information Center in Houston. Location is in front of the Fire Station.
5. Artisan’s Open Air Market in Talkeetna will happen every Saturday through Monday from 10 a. m. to 6 p. m., during the summer. Look for the white tents at the Sheldon Community Arts Hanger. For more information go to www.denaliartscouncil.org.
6. Another ongoing summer event is Talkeetna’s, Live at 5 in the Village Park. Music starts at 5 p.m. and goes till 7 p. m. on Friday evenings. Bring your own chairs or ground cover, picnic dinner and enjoy..
7. Pirates of Dollar Lake will be having organizational meetings every Thursday evening in July. Meet at the Lion’s Club House, 7 p.m.
8. Wasilla’s 4th of July Parade will be on Wednesday beginning at 11 a. m. , July 4th, in downtown Wasilla. The Annual Independence Day Picnic will follow at Wonderland Park. Go to www.visitwasilla.org for more info.
9. Willow Area Community Organization will host Willow’s 4th of July Parade and Picnic on Wednesday, July 4th at the Pavillion.
10. Talkeetna will have a Moose on the Loose Parade on July 4th. Talkeetna C of Commerce along with Denali Arts Council, Talkeetna Historical Society and others will host the event. The parade is followed by an auction of decorated moose.
11. Big Lake’s 4th of July Party will be held on Saturday, July 7th at Burkshore Marina on North Shore Drive.
12. Wasilla High School Class of 1982 will have its 30th reunion on July 6th-July 8th. Email Tammy Dickinson at email@example.com.
13. 4-H District Camp will be held from July 5th-July 8th. Army National Guard and Mat-Su/Copper River District will hold its Celebration of Summer at the Birchwood Camp. Check with your leaders for more information.
14. Fourth Annual Rally in the Valley will be July 6th at Mile 17, Old Glen Highway, Matauska River Park beginning on Friday and going until Sunday. Call 907-444-0545 or 907-884-0451 for more information.
15. Car Seat Safety Check will be held on July 7th from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m at Alaska Sales and Service. For more information, please call Gwen at 907-352-1229. The Car Seat Check is free.
Enjoy your week!