Walt Disney World has three different price classifications for its resort hotels: deluxe, moderate, and value. Deluxe covers the original two hotels (the Contemporary and the Polynesian), as well as newer properties like Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach, the Grand Floridian, and the Wilderness Lodge.
For more value-minded guests, the Caribbean Beach Resort was the first hotel at the moderate price point, followed by other properties like the two Port Orleans sister resorts and Coronado Springs.
Disney went even lower with its prices at the All-Star Sports, Music, and Movie resorts, as well as Pop Century. These value resorts feature basic rooms, large swimming pools, iconic decorations, food courts, and the same on-site benefits as more-expensive Disney hotels, like Extra Magic Hours and free Magical Express service to and from the airport.
On May 31, Walt Disney World will add a new twist to that Value category when the Art of Animation Resort officially opens its doors. The resort is exquisitely themed, as you’ll hear from Pixar animator Shawn Krause if you click the video at left.
The resort’s first section is themed to “Finding Nemo,” and that doesn’t just apply to the pool area and public spaces like the food court and store. Every room is packed with themed decor, too.
Better yet, every room is a suite, which means the Art of Animation Resort can accommodate larger parties. As more and more families travel together with multiple generations on one trip, the extra space becomes a precious commodity.
The other three sections of the hotel, themed to “Cars,” “The Lion King,” and “The Little Mermaid,” will open later this year. Only the last section has standard rooms, since it was originally meant to be part of the Pop Century Resort.
Check out my theme park ebooks, which include:
- 10 Money-Saving Tips for Your Disney World Vacation: Kindle or Nook
- 10 Disney Cruise Line Tips for Adults: Kindle or Nook
- Mickey Mouse is My Neighbor (life in Celebration, FL): Kindle or Nook
- Complete eBook Guide to SeaWorld Orlando: Kindle or Nook
- 15 Tips for Saving Money on Disney Cruise Line: Kindle or Nook
- 25 Tips for Visiting Disney World With Babies, Toddlers & Young Kids: Kindle or Nook
- eBook Guide to Legoland Florida: Kindle and Nook
- Legoland Florida for Adults: Kindle and Nook