Below are the top ten best selling books for the week ending May 18, 2012, at Mostly Books, an independent Tucson bookstore.
1. Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James – This is a romance novel.
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – This is the second book in the Hunger Games series.
3. Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris – This is the 12th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series.
4. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – This is the third book in the Hunger Games series.
5. In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler’s Berlin by Erik Larson – This book is about Hitler’s early years with the perspective of America’s first ambassador to Hitler’s government and his daughter.
6. Insurgent by Veronica Roth – This is the second book in the Divergent series.
7. Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James -This is the second in a romance trilogy.
8. Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War, 1937-1948 by Madeleine Albright – This is a personal as well as a more comprehensive history of the 1937 to 1948 time period in Europe.
9. Total Memory Makeover: Uncover Your Past, Take Charge of Your Future by Marilu Henner – This book is about making your life better by improving your memory.
10. Bringing Up the Bodies: A Novel by Hilary Mantel – This is the second novel in the historical fiction trilogy about Thomas Cromwell.