Refresh yourself with a sumptuous glass of freshly brewed, genuine, iced tea. Or a cup of hot tea made from your choice of imported tea leaves. The “t, an urban tea house,” on North May avenue in Oklahoma City, is the “go to” place for tea aficionados. Relax in comfortable surroundings and enjoy a respite from your hectic schedule. Rosemary Barnes, medical sales representative, said:
“I visit the “t” several times a week. They have more than just tea. I like to look at the local artwork they have on display, check out all the different types of tea they sell, and peruse the various types of tea making accoutrements. I thoroughly enjoy the camaraderie of people who’re there for similar reasons.”
The tea house staff is very knowledgeable about the different teas and tisanes that they sell. A wide selection of teas include traditional teas, white and green teas, various oolong teas, and a large collection of black teas. Without a doubt, they’ll help you find something you like. A few of the items available to in-house patrons include, but are not limited to:
- Tisanes: A plant called called Camellia Sinensis provides material that’s brewed into what many refer as an herbal tea. An infusion, or decoction, of other plants also produces a variety of herbal teas.
- Ayurvedic: This tea, renowned for its fruity taste and memorable aroma, is a product of India.
- Yerba Mate: Mate teas originate from the South American yerba mate plant. When made into tea, the drink has a natural energy booster and is often called “The feel good tea.”
- White tea: The purest, and least processed, of all teas is white tea. It’s a loose tea that has very little caffeine. Many white tea consumers feel that the tea’s antioxidants are best for skin and complexion.
- Rooibos tea: This is a tea that’s made from a South African red bush. It’s also called red tea, is naturally caffeine free, and it helps to promote digestion.
The tea house uses loose tea for brewing all their teas. If you’d like their hours of operation, or would like more information about the teas they have in stock, please contact or visit:
T, an Urban Tea House
7518 N. May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Note: Click on this link to see more interesting places to dine in the Oklahoma City area.