Save the date! It’s time for Phoenix to let its inner geek shine! Phoenix Comicon is coming up on Thursday, May 24, 2012 through Sunday, May 27, 2012 at the Phoenix Convention Center and Hyatt Regency. Phoenix Comicon has become the top pop culture event of the Southwest and a great reason to stay in town for the Memorial Day Weekend event.
This is a great opportunity for fans to meet with your favorite creators, actors, media personalities, authors and get their autographs. Bring your camera and have your photo taken with them. Some of the names in the lineup are: William Shatner, Levar Burton, Erin Gray, Colin Ferguson, Patrick Stewart Lou Ferrigno, Ed Asner, Gil Gerard, and many more!
There are plenty of treats for paranormal fans, too. Arizona resident and star of Ghost Hunter’s International, Paul Bradford—along with his ghost hunting buddy Scott Tepperman, will be conducting panels on various paranormal topics.
Local AZ paranormal teams like Southern Arizona Ghost and Paranormal Society (SAGAPS) seen on Travel Channel’s “Paranormal Challenge” will be talking about their adventures on the show and discussing their ghost hunting techniques. The teams of Sonoran Paranormal and West Coast GAPS will also be doing panels on ghost hunting topics.
And, of course there will be super heroes, zombies, comics, Steampunk, costuming, authors, music, dancing and the premier of the short film “A Date with the Dead”.
Full Event Membership Prices:
- Full Event membership January 1st to May 23rd 11:59 pm are $40
- Full Event membership at the door are $45
Single Day Memberships:
- Thursday Preview Day $15 now through convention
- Friday $25 now till May 23rd 11:59 p.m. $30 at the door.
- Saturday $30 now till May 23rd 11:59 p.m. $35 at the door.
- Sunday $20 now through convention
Full event memberships grant access to our convention for the entire weekend INCLUDING Thursday Preview Day, along with any exclusives that may be forthcoming (posters, comics, etc).
The Exhibitor Hall hours are:
- Thursday (May 24) 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Friday (May 25) 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday (May 26) 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday (May 27) 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The main convention center programming hours are:
- Thursday (May 24) 6:30 p.m. -11:30 p.m.
- Friday (May 25) 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday (May 26) 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday (May 27) 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The Hyatt programming hours are:
- Thursday (May 24) 6:30 p.m. -2:00 a.m.
- Friday (May 25) 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Saturday (May 26) 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Sunday (May 27) TBA
Check back often to the PHOENIX COMICON website for updates on guests, programing, schedules, and exhibitors. You never know who you might run into at this popular event!
Location: 100 N 3rd Street, Phoenix AZ 85004
Check back to ovalpike.com and the Arizona Haunted Sites column for a recap of this event!
Debe Branning firstname.lastname@example.org