It seems that Collector’s Editions of games are everywhere these days so it comes as no surprise that Capcom officially announced a special limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set today. It’s almost hard to believe that it has really been 25 years since the first Street Fighter game was released in 1987. Many fans of the series probably never even played it as the franchise only grew really popular thanks to the sequel, Street Fighter II.
The limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set will become available in North America starting Sept. 18, 2012 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles. It will be priced at $149.99 and is jam-packed with the following awesome content:
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3 and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Not only is Capcom releasing this amazing Collector’s Set, but they will also be holding a series of global tournaments that will feature $500,000 worth of cash, non-cash prizing, and amenities to celebrate the 25th Anniversary. The tournaments will feature the following games: Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. Whoever takes first place in Street Fighter X Tekken will also win an all-new custom designed Scion FR-S Sports Coupe. Nice!
Here is the tournament schedule:
- July 28-29 in Austin, TX
- August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
- August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
- Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
- September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
- October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
- October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
- October 31 – November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
- December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA
For more information about the Collector’s Set and details about the tournaments and anniversary celebration, head over to www.streetfighter.com/sf25.