Looking for an inexpensive way to entertain the family this summer? Want to go on a vacation that doesn’t break your bank account?
Folks are still scrimping and saving, forever on the lookout for money-saving tips. But just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy yourself, get away from the hustle and bustle of life, and get the family moving!
Rocky Mountain National Park is the perfect destination for a family looking for adventure while keeping money in their pockets!
Here’s a list of things to do in Rocky Mountain National Park on a budget:
- Save gas. Ride the Shuttle. Yep, it’s free. Don’t let a little construction stop you from hiking near or around Bear Lake or Sprague Lake. Grab some water, food and sunscreen, and let Rocky give you a ride!
- Hike. Get the family moving and get into those mountains!
- Picnic. No charge for the tables.
- Learn. Rangers lead free hikes and give free talks throughout the summer. Which one will you attend?
- Camp. Where else can a family spend only $20.00 a night for lodging? And there’s no better backdrop then those rocky mountain. RVs and tents welcome.
- Paint. Artists can find all the inspiration that they need to create their next masterpiece.
- Read. Find a stream, a rock or a log and just sit.
- Listen. It’s free. Seriously.
- Unplug. Leave the iPhones and computers and music at home, and come on up and let your adventure unfold.