This week’s activities are highlighted by events in Denmark and Norway, with both featuring the entire respective royal families. Coming up this weekend will be the “Central Weekend” for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in Great Britain.
Tuesday, May 29th
- TRH the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent, and Princess Alexandra will attend a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.
- HRH Princess Maxima will be busy today, first attending the Montessori Lyceum to view an education and social media project on Mozart’s opera Don Giovanni. Also on Tuesday, the Princess will attend a microfinance lecture at Nyenrode Business University. Before marrying the Prince of Orange, the Princess was a banker and economist, therefore she has made microfinance one of her primary areas of focus and serves the UN as the Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development.
- TRH the Earl and Countess of Wessex continue a busy month by attending the Surrey Schools’ “Go Surrey” Jubilee Concert at Royal Albert Hall.
- In Sweden, HRH Prince Carl Philip will attend a ceremony at the UN Monument to mark Veterans Day in Stockholm.
- HM King Harald V of Norway will attend the 250th anniversary of Hadeland Glassworks. Founded in 1762 Hadeland Glassworks is the oldest continuously operating industrial company in Norway. Located in Oslo, it welcomes more than 600,000 tourists a year to visit their operations.
Wednesday, May 30th
- WWF Denmark will celebrate their 40th anniversary with founder and President HRH Prince Henrik. Attending the anniversary dinner held in the Orangery with the Prince will be HM Queen Margrethe, TRH Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie.
- Beginning today will be two official state visits, one by TRH the Prince and Princess of Asturias to Portugal and the other by TM King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden to South Korea.
- HRH the Duchess of Cornwall will tour gardens in Shoreditch & Dalston as part of a visit to the Chelsea Fringe Festival.
Thursday, May 31st
- Norway will celebrate the 75th birthdays of both TM King Harald V and Queen Sonja. There will be a birthday party on the roof of the new opera house in Oslo and a church service at the Oslo Cathedral. Both events will be attended by TRH Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, HH Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner.
- Diamond Jubilee visits continue across the UK as TRH the Earl and Countess of Wessex pay a visit to Kent on behalf of HM the Queen. They will visit a number of sites as well as open a new facility at Pembroke House in Gillingham.
Want to read more of the latest royal news? Then hit the “subscribe” button at the top of the page! You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook.