What’s coming up in Beatles land the week of July 1:
- Ringo Starr turns 72 on Saturday: The All-Starr Band will perform at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. Earlier that day, he’ll call for “peace and love” at noon all over the world.
- Ringo Starr: The All-Starr Band tour continues in Clearwater Fla. Sunday, Orange Beach, Ala. Wednesday, Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Ga. Friday and the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville Saturday.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. There are no performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets http://bit.ly/HRmbk4.
- 1964: The Tribute: July 2 in Akron, Ohio. Info: www.1964thetribute.com.
- Because: A Tribute to the Beatles: 5:30 p.m. July 7, Sacramento Zoo, Sacramento, CA. Info: www.becausetribute.com.
- The Sixties Show: 7 p.m. July 2nd at Memorial Park in Larchmont, N.Y., 8 p.m. July 3 at Nanuet High School, Nanuet, N.Y., 8 p.m. July 6, City Center Green, Danbury, CT.
- Beatles author: Jude Kessler (“Shoulda Been There,” “Shivering Inside”) appears at Shreveport & Bossier Author Day on Saturday, July 7th at 10 a.m. http://t.co/ryp5rhQ.
- July 1, 1966: The Beatles play in white suits in two shows at Tokyo’s Budokan Hall.
- July 2, 2005: Paul McCartney opens and closes the Live 8 benefit concert in London.
- July 3, 1967: “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” is #1 in the U.S.
- July 4, 2009: Former Beatles manager Allen Klein dies.
- July 5, 1966: The Beatles escape the Philippines after being roughed up at the airport.
- July 6, 1957: The day John Lennon met Paul McCartney at St. Peter’s Church in Liverpool.
- July 7, 1940: Ringo Starr (Richard Starkey) born.
- “Across the Universe”: This 2007 film uses the songs of the Beatles for a drama about young love. Stars Jim Sturgess. 3 p.m. ET Saturday, Fox Movie Channel.
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: On July 1, “Beatles Firsts” on both Sirius/XM and KLOS-FM. More info: www.breakfastwiththebeatles.com.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Current show is analysis and review of “The Beatles Second Album.” Download at http://www.fab4free4all.com/ .
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Current show is an interview with classical guitarist Carlos Bonell touring in of his “Magical Mystery Guitar Tour” CD and also collaborating with Paul McCartney on McCartney’s first-ever guitar concerto. Plus audio of The Beatles’ concerts at Budokan Hall in Tokyo 46 years ago this week. Available at www.beatlesradioshow.com.
- “Every Little Thing”: The July 4 show will be a two-hour Ringo Starr birthday special with music spanning his entire career. 8-10 p.m. EST on WNHU, West Haven, CT. More info at http://www.kenmichaelsradio.com/. The website includes an exclusive song by Birds of Paradox with Jeff Slate and former members of Elephant’s Memory and Wings.
- Fab4Radio.com: www.fab4radio.com.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
(Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine. Posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated.)
Don’t miss a minute of Beatles news. Subscribe to all of our Beatles columns: Beatles Examiner (http://ovalpike.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci), Paul McCartney Examiner (http://ovalpike.com/paul-mccartney-in-national/steve-marinucci), George Harrison Examiner (http://ovalpike.com/george-harrison-in-national/steve-marinucci) and Ringo Starr Examiner (http://ovalpike.com/ringo-starr-in-national/steve-marinucci) columns to keep up with what’s really happening with the Beatles.
To subscribe to this column, click the button above. And follow us on Twitter at @stevemarinucci and please use the hashtag #beatlesexaminer. We’re also Stan on Facebook and at www.ufollow.com or at www.pinterest.com.