Cat people and cyclists represent! To gear up for Bike Walk Week next week, the kitty litter brand Tidy Cats wants to make sure you have a (free) bike. Or, at the very least, a free bike subscription to Nice Ride MN or some gas money.
Today and tomorrow, the Tidy Cats® PU Patrol is patroling Minneapolis on their Tidy Cats “No More PU” campaign to surprise some lucky Minneapolitans with 100 year-long bike subscriptions to Nice Ride, 10 free bikes and helmets and $5,000 in free gas.
They will hit their first site at 10am today. On Twitter, follow @TidyCats to find out where they’ll be today and tomorrow. Today, they are giving away the bike subscriptions and free bikes.
Tomorrow is free gas.
Press release below with more information:
Tidy Cats® PU Patrol Helps with the PU in the Lives of Minneapolitans
WHAT: Sometimes life just stinks, but Tidy Cats® is coming to the rescue to help with a few stinky situations in the lives of Minneapolitans. Over the course of two days, the Tidy Cats “No More PU” campaign will be on a mission to surprise and delight locals with two things that take the PU out of getting around the city, including 100 year-long bike subscriptions to Nice Ride, 10 free bikes and helmets and $5,000 in free gas!
- #lifestinks when you can’t fully experience #Minneapolis during #BikeWalkWeek!: With more than 35 miles of new bike lanes and recent recognition as the #2 biking city in the U.S., Minneapolis locals love biking! To help with the PU of not being able to roam the Twin Cities on two wheels during Bike Walk Week (June 2-10, 2012), Tidy Cats and its PU Patrol will give away 100 annual bike subscriptions to Nice Ride, the Minneapolis bike sharing program, and 10 new bikes in five high-traffic locations across the Twin Cities on May 30th. Where you ask? Follow @TidyCats to find out.
- Remove the PU from the Gas Pump: Coming off of a busy travel weekend, Minneapolitans are back to the daily grind, including the daily commute. Tidy Cats hears you Minneapolis: #lifestinks at the pump with high gas prices. To help with the PU at the pump, during morning rush hour on May 31, the Tidy Cats PU Patrol will be passing out more than $5,000 worth of gas gift cards at a busy gas station. The location will be announced on Twitter by @TidyCats.
Tidy Cats Scoop formulas with new Odor ErasersTM help with the PU in the litter box, and now Tidy Cats is on a trek across the country to surprise people with creative solutions to life’s PU – big and small.
WHO: Supporting the stink-busting mission is the Tidy Cats PU Patrol – a two member PU-erasing team. The PU Patrol members, Meg and Sam, have a deep passion for helping with the PU in life and are traveling across the country in their big, yellow garbage truck coined the “No More PU Mobile” to help those in “stinky situations.”
WHEN: Wednesday, May 30, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CT
- Surprising Minneapolitans throughout the day with year-long bike subscriptions
Thursday, May 31, 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. CT·
- Surprising Minneapolitans during rush hour with gas gift cards
WHERE: Nice Ride pass/bike giveaway locations will be tweeted by @TidyCatsFree gas location to be unveiled on Twitter Thursday morning by @TidyCats
VISUALS: Media are invited to be part of the bike pass and gas giveaway opportunities:
- Locals surprised with year-long bike subscriptions to Nice Ride
- Minneapolitans in line for free gas
- PU Patrol pumping gas for locals
- “No More PU Mobile”