The Tournament of Roses Foundation announced Wednesday that $100,000 in grant money has been awarded to organizations in the San Gabriel Valley. TOR Foundation president Jacqueline Howard presented checks to 27 civic, educational, and cultural organizations at a reception at Tournament House in Pasadena.
Of the 27 recipients, seven are receiving funds for the first time:
- A Noise Within (buses workshops ad tickets for Classics Live!)
- A Step Ahead (program personnel for Voices Against Violence)
- College Access Plan (program personnel for Footsteps to College)
- Mentoring and Partnership for Youth Development (camp lodging at Oakbridge Summer Camp for at-risk youth from John Muir High School)
- Monrovia Association of Fine Arts (materials for Village Afterschool visual education)
- Neighborhood Urban Family Center (music teacher and program personnel for Can-Do Kids Club)
- Sierra Madre Playhouse (American Sign Language translators for plays)
The Foundation was established in 1983 as a non-profit charitable arm of the Tournament of Roses Association. It awards funding in four categories: sports and recreation, visual and performing arts, volunteer motivation, leadership development. Grants range from $1,400 to $10,000.
Donations and gifts come from the TOR Association, its supporters, and the general public. Interested parties can call (626) 449-4100 or visit the website for information on donating or applying for a grant.
Other recipients are Academy of Music for the Blind, Babe Ruth League of Pasadena, Caltech Y, Door of Hope, Ecumenical Council of Pasadena Area Congregations, Friends of the Levitt Pavilion, Girls on the Run of L.A. County, Harambee Ministries, Mothers’ Club Family Learning Center, Pasadena Arts Council, Pasadena Educational Foundation, Pasadena Junior Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Pasadena Museum of History, Pasadena Police Foundation, San Gabriel Educational Foundation, Side Street Projects, South Pasadena Educational Foundation, Special Olympics of San Gabriel Valley Region, YMCA of West San Gabriel Valley.
Like this story?
Subscribe to Tournament of Roses Examiner by clicking the “Subscribe” link at the top. Read more articles about the Pasadena area at Altadena Headlines Examiner and San Gabriel Foothills Examiner. If you have a question or would like a reply to your comment, please email me at email@example.com