We are now a week away from Valentine’s Day — and normally I’d be freakin’ out a little bit. I never know what to give my significant other and to top it off, I never know what to tell him to get me.
We’ve been dating for a while now (4 years!) so the typical flowers and chocolate doesn’t cover it. Flowers are un-godly expensive and crushing a box of chocolate successfully makes me feel the opposite of sexy.
Never fear ladies, I have the ultimate V-Day list of things you should pass along to your significant other:
- Meet Demeter Fragrances, every girl will love these hot cocktail-inspired scents including Redhead in Bed (gin, lemon, strawberries) Chocolate Covered Cherries and Between the Sheets (mango, guava, passion fruit). Their library of smells has an amazingly great curated collection of interesting and unusual scents that would make a perfect personalized gift for the one you love!
- LOCAL FAVORITE: Cupcakes — way more advanced than a box of chocolates and so super-cute that they are the direct line to a woman’s heart. My weakness are the ones from Sweet Cupcakes. They have an amazing V-Day line up (available on Feb 12) with so many to choose from! Some with hand rolled fondant spelling L♥VE. Others with carrot cake and 22 carat edible gold! Even heart shaped whoopie pies and chocolate dipped heart cookies! Ah, I’m in heaven. Check out one of their 4 locations in Newbury St., Back Bay, Downtown, and Harvard Square.
- Crave DUET can be a great gift for the single lady or a couple this Valentine’s Day. The discreet vibe that doubles as a USB memory stick (YES you heard right). With impeccable design, 24K gold plating, nearly-silent motor, USB charging capabilities and being waterproof – this is definitely not your average vibe. And bonus, if anyone finds it you can just stick with the line “um it’s a memory stick, what’d you think it was?”
- I am really loving Weleda Rose Body lotion! Better than any bouquet the silky lotion stimulates the skin’s regenerative processes and helps maintain natural elasticity to leave your skin feeling silky smooth and supple. This luxurious yet light scent is available in everything from deodorant to body oil.
- LOCAL FAVORITE: Just want some good cuddling? Try the LUSTer Loft (get it! Lust! ha!) collection from American Blanket Company out of Fall River, MA. I can’t even explain how soft this blanket is — it is the future of blankets! The Luster blanket is super-soft, and I know saying that doesn’t do it justice at all! It is silky and luxurious and once you’ve tried one, you start looking at all your other blankets saying “ugh that thing!” This will soon become your go-to! What better way to get your snuggle on with your significant other — than by the power of suggestion with American Blanket Company.Did I mention that everything is made in the USA and guaranteed for life.
- For my sweet tooth, nothing is better than Chocomania by The Body Shop. Available in every form of delicious, this stuff can be in soap, scrubs, oil, body wash, lotion, and body butter. Mmm yum, their fresh out of the oven scent fills the bathroom and has me questioning whether I have a chocolate addiction I need to deal with. Sexy yet thoughtful and overall – totally useful! A must!
- Are you a peach or a pink girl? Thanks to Gabriel Cosmetics every woman should find out this Valentine’s Day. Their Zuzu Luxe collection was created for the bright-eyed beauty bohemian who craves color and is looking to make a statement while keeping her health in mind. Complete with flirty, edgy tones with a mixture of matte and shimmer, Zuzu Luxe is an all-natural, gluten free, vegan cosmetic line that gives a new definition to glamour.
- Pure Romance has quite the line-up of love products! Magnify every passionate moment with Boost their exclusive flavored enhancement cream. Or encourage your Burning Desire with their soy massage oil candle which lasts up to 20 massages. They have everything for both him and her!
Happy (almost) Valentine’s Day Ladies — and get to shopping!