Bright Idea Pictures, a West Michigan film production company, is holding a casting call, today, for the film “Finding Home”. This casting call is unique, in that it includes roles for those 50 and up and even one for a 70-90 year old male. There are also roles available for those 20-30, but it’s rare to find a casting call looking for more mature performers.
The casting call will be held, today, from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the downtown Holiday Inn in Grand Rapids, Michigan, located at 310 Pearl St. Northwest. Applicants are asked to bring a headshot and resume. You will be asked to read from a supplied script, in front of a group of casting directors and assistants. No appointment is necessary and you may show up anytime between 1 p.m. and 9 p.m. The casting director will see talent on a first come, first serve basis.
The film is not offering monetary compensation, however, actors will be guarenteed IMDB credits and demo reel/resume boosting materials. This is a non-union casting call.
Roles being cast are:
• NOAH: MALE, 20s, is a depressed 20 something who can’t stand working for the man. He dreams of a simpler life, built on true happiness. His cheating fiancé and dying dad take him over the edge…He befriends a homeless man and begins the journey of his life.
• WALTER: MALE, 50s-60s, rough, homeless and generally shy. A bad car wreck in the 80’s leaves him emotionally scarred. His life long goal is to return to the place he used to call home.
• NAOMI: FEMALE, 50s, Noah’s mother must come to grips with the fact that her husband is dying before her eyes. She is worn down, but refuses to give up hope.
• OLIVIA: FEMALE, 20s, is a gorgeous girl, not sure if she really wants to get married to her high school sweetheart. Things haven’t felt right to her in a while, unfortunately, she mistakenly transforms those feelings into cheating.
• CHARLIE: MALE 70s-90s, is Walter’s best friend. Unfortunately, he’s slowly dying in a retirement home. He’s a down to earth individual who enjoys spending time with friends.
• JOHN: MALE, 30s, is Noah’s boss at work. He’s secretly in an affair with his fiance`.
• JANET: FEMALE, 20s-40s, is a beautiful woman who struggles to make ends meet in a diner she inherited from her father. She befriended Walter years ago, and helps him emotionally.
• YOUNG WALTER: TEENS, young outspoken, and a partier. He has a child with Elizabeth, and gets in a horrible car accident.
• LARRY: MALE, 50s-60s, a grizzly dirty pawn storeowner. His joy in life is ruining lives.
• MECHANIC: MALE, 20s-60s, a man who knows cars, he works weekends at the car shop.
Bright Idea Pictures can be contacted through their Facebook page or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org