The YouTube cover duo, Karmin, has released their debut album Hello which is receiving rave reviews.
Karmin is a music duo consisting of engaged couple, Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan. Today, the dynamic duo released their brand new album Hello which features seven original tracks. The group is another YouTube Cinderella story, much like Mr. Bieber Fever himself, Justin Bieber. Perhaps their most infamous song is their cover of Chris Brown’s “Look At Me Now” which features Amy showcasing her amazing rap kills – she is best described as a mix between Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj.
I have listened to the entire Karmin – Hello album and I am prepared to give you all my personal review – let’s just say that it is awesome! Below I will give a brief review of each of the seven individual tracks:
Karmin – Hello review:
- “Walking On The Moon” – This track kicks off the album with Amy Heidemann showing off her amazing vocals. She definitely displays her hip hop roots as well as her more low key “pop” voice on this track – it’s a great introduction to the group!
- “Brokenhearted” – Remember how I said Karmin’s lead vocalist Amy was a mix of Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj? This song is a perfect example of that statement. It starts off all pop princessish and then Amy breaks it down with her sick rap flows – great song for all the tween girls out there.
- “I Told You So” – Moving along from the previous track which was “pop” we get into this track which is more on a hip hop level. Picture yourself riding out to this track with the subwoofers bumping.
- “Too Many Fish” – This is an upbeat track that will definitely have you dancing. Mark this up as a Beyonce-esque dance track with Amy’s hip hop flavor added into it.
- “I’m Just Sayin’” – Let me start off by saying that Amy Heidemann has an amazing voice and her fiance Nick Noonan is a great musician. While we make our way to the end of the Hello album, this track definitely shows off the talents that this duo have – great track!
- “Coming Up Strong” – Uh Oh! Watch out Amy, Nick is on the vocals for this track. While we are all used to Amy busting out her crazy raps, Nick’s voice is great on this track – they can both sing extremely well. Of course, Amy throws out some of her hip hop flare throughout this song as well.
- “Hello” – Nowadways you can’t have a successful album without a CLUB HIT. Karmin has not let its fans down as this is definitely their track to get the world fist pumping and acting like fools while in the club – great way to end this amazing album!
After listening to the entire Karmin – Hello album I must say that I am impressed. While the debut album is only seven tracks, Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan have delivered an amazing array of songs. I recommend that you all go out and pick up the Karmin – Hello album which is in stores today!
For more information on Karmin, please visit www.karminmusic.com.
Be sure to check Karmin out on YouTube as well!